The smell of barbecues, the warm sunshine and a bottle of bubbly with your family and friends. Could you imagine a better way to spend your Bank Holiday?
With weather forecasts showing sunny days, we’ll be outside firing up the barbecue! For those who are bored with the same old burgers and bangers, we’ve got a few quirky toppings and a halloumi alternative to get excited about! While you’re waiting for your barbecue to reach the perfect heat , why not pop open the prosecco – a perfect summer sipper!
Hotdog Toppings (thanks to seriouseats.com)
As much as we love the classic ketchup and red onions, we’ve got some fab alternatives to try this Bank Holiday. Perfect pairings with a bottle of Merlot!
The Tiki Dog
- Wrap the sausage with bacon cook on the barbecue.
- Toast the bun.
- Once cooked, add teriyaki sauce.
- Top with pineapples, red onion and another brush of teriyaki sauce!
The Vietnamese Dog
- Simply cook the sausage and toast the bun.
- Add pickled radishes, carrots and cucumbers (any veggies you can find!).
- Top with fresh cilantro, mint and sriracha mayo. For extra heat, add some fresh slices of jalapeños.
We’ve been searching for a halloumi burger to pair perfectly with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.
- Grate some garlic and thyme leaf and mix with a biot of oil. Pour over large flat mushrooms and cook in the oven at 180° for eight minutes.
- Cut halloumi and place on the barbecue.
- Toast a burger bun and spread houmous on one side.
- Stack mushrooms and halloumi in the bun and add salad.
And if there’s any prosecco left over, finish in style with a classic Strawberry Pavlova!
Why not check out our Familiar Favourites case – the ideal case for barbecue food! Cheers and Happy Bank Holiday weekend to you all from Fizz HQ.